Monday, August 4, 2008

videos galore!

there seems to be a plethora of new music videos floating around now...

first off, The Kooks' "Do You Wanna"



everytime I hear that song I smile, because I remember a friend's incredibly confused expression at my singing "do you wanna make love to me" a couple of days after Konk was released. twas priceless.

The Kooks - Young Folks (Peter Bjorn and John Cover) [mp3]

next...

The Virgins - Rich Girls



now, I just got the Virgin's record a few days ago and was SHOCKED to realize that they had a different virgin (haha pun! yes I know how to spell version.) of "Rich Girls" on their record (the one you hear in the video.)

compare it to this:
The Virgins - Rich Girls (EP version)[mp3]

I really prefer the earlier (EP) version. I know that comparisons of this band to IS This It era Strokes are everywhere, but I can't help but think of the original EP version of Last Nite, which I prefer to the more well known one.

The Strokes - Last Nite (EP version) [mp3]


The Strokes - Last Nite (ITI version) [mp3]

oh what the hell, I'll embed a live version too. hot damn I love those guys.



lastly, Vampire Weekend have abandoned their preppy look in favour of goth. good stuff.

VW - Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa
Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa


Vampire Weekend - M79 [mp3]

No comments: