Friday, February 20, 2009

The Strokes Posts

the title has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
I'm at work right now, cataloguing books and watching Strokes videos on Youtube. A week and a half ago, my favourite five people in the whole world (Julian Casablancas, Nikolai Fraiture, Fabrizio Moretti, Albert Hammond Jr and Nick Valensi) got back together to brainstorm new songs. An idea just came to me:

from this day forward, until their fourth record is released, I will post daily something Strokes-related. maybe by that time, you dear readers will begin to understand my obsession with greatest band ever.

so, here you go:



yes, that is a cigarette in the lead singer's hand. don't you wish you could have thought of it first?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love ze stokres as well! This sounds like a good idea, but I think you might run out of things to post as it will be awhile.

Anonymous said...

btw this blog is awesome you have a great taste in music

hippiesaredead said...

"Thought of it first"? Confused. With love to Jules, but he definitely didn't invent the concept of lead singers smoking...

Hanan said...

to anon, thanks for the compliment but I assure you, I will most certainly NOT run out of things to post. I've been obsessively poring over everything Strokes-related I can find for a few years now, and they have provided me with enough material to post daily for a couple of years. and they will NOT take that long to release their fourth album.

and to hippiesaredead, fair enough, but nobody looks as cool as Julian. because nobody can ever be as cool as him. ever.

hippiesaredead said...

Have you ever seen David Bowie smoke?

http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-18240866.jpg?size=67&uid={EDEE1901-2F98-460F-B012-B54E7E7DB835}

Just sayin'.

Hanan said...

id Bowie is one hot mo-fo but I am not swayed in the least.

Katie said...

I agree with Anonymous #2. This is a wonderful blog (The Strokes posts especially). :) Can't wait for the new album...!

Jesse said...

You must have mental defiencies to a) post daily about one of the most mediocre bands in rock history , and to b) call the strokes "the greatest band ever" (unless by greatest you mean coke addicted mediocrity).

Hanan said...

fuck you and your shitty taste, GET THE HELL OFF MY CYBER PROPERTY, ASSHOLE.