Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Morning Covers



now I can't decide which of the following two I like the best. at first, I greatly preferred The Morning Benders' rendition of The Submarines' song, but the cover of "Waiting for a War" is really growing on me. regardless, I think the idea of two bands covering each other is adorable.

The Submarines - Waiting for a War (The Morning Benders cover) [mp3]

The Morning Benders - 1940 (The Submarines cover) [mp3]


----
Radiohead- Unravel (Bjork Cover) [mp3]

Elliott Smith - When I Paint My Masterpiece (Bob Dylan cover) [mp3]
not the best sound quality but it's Elliott Smith, so who cares?

Michael Buble - What a Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong cover) [mp3]

Dead Confederate - Theresa's Sound (Sonic Youth cover) [mp3]


Editors - Road to Nowhere (Talking Heads cover) [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!]

Kevin Barnes (of Montreal) - I Will (The Beatles cover) [mp3]

BONUS:
The Beatles Ain't She Sweet (Ben Bernie cover, originally composed by Yellen/Ager) [mp3]

No comments: