Thursday, June 17, 2010

Classic Track Thursday


The Beatles - For No One [mp3]
from Revolver (1966)

Revolver is one of my favourite albums ever, and is probably my second favourite Beatles record, after Abbey Road (and I proudly wear it on my chest.) this post, however, was inspired by a book I just finished last night, one of the best books on music theory I have ever read.

This Is Your Brain on Music was written by Daniel J. Levitin, who has studied music and worked as a music producer. he currently teaches musical psychology and "runs the Laboratory for Musical Perception, Cognition and Expertise at McGill University". add that to the list of things I want to do with my life.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Yes I LOVE Revolver, when Macca played Eleanor Rigby last week it was insane. She Said She Said is probably one of my favourites on the album, though to be fair having any out-right favourites on a solid album like this (or, okay - almost any Beatles album) is impossible.

Murphey said...

Revolver is my favorite Beatles album, and And Your Bird Can Sing is my favorite song on it. Way to rock that shirt in the pic!