Thursday, March 20, 2008

old stuff, new stuff

drip drip drip, I watch my Brita filter at work.
yes, it takes me a little while in the morning to get my brain functioning at full capacity. my daily dose of music blogs usually does the trick though.
a favourite of Snow Patrol is stuck in my head right now...

Snow Patrol - Open Your Eyes [mp3]

the new we are scientists album is out...Brain Thrust Mastery
pitchfork review
We Are Scientists - Impatience [mp3]
I have yet to listen to the album in its entirety, so I cannot give a fair review of it but I like what I've heard so far

oh, and I like Spin's artist of the day for yesterday:
PlayRadioPlay! - review + mp3 here
in my opinion, his voice is a good fusion of Ben Gibbard and Win Butler. he still has a lot of work to do but he's on the right track.

3 more days until Vampire Weekend! ah! I am so excited.

oh, and just for the hell of it, here is that trippy MGMT video we all love so much:

they will be at Slim's on April 24th
=)
visit MGMT on Myspace

I've had a pretty weird week. but spring break is nearly upon me so I should probably get some work done...

but just remember, in the words of Dwayne from Little Miss Sunshine, "do what you love and fuck the rest". college is NOT supposed to be a time when you earn a degree so that you can have some arbitrary career that you can't stand. DO WHAT YOU LOVE. it doesn't matter if that means being temporarily (or permanently) broke. work shouldn't have to feel like a burden.

No comments: