Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Noel Gallagher: Ryan Adams' version of Wonderwall is superior

I'm reading the newest issue of Spin, and in an interview, Noel responds to the claim that Liam hates singing Wonderwall by saying: "I hate him singing it too. Liam doesn't sound like he did ten years ago. Your voice and your body change. We've never got it right. It's too slow or too fast. I think Ryan Adams is the only person who ever got that song right. I'd love to do the Ryan Adams version. but in front of 60,000 Oasis fans that wouldn't be possible" (Oct 2008 issue pg 70)

now, I know this will make me feel bad when I hear them at the Oracle in December, because you know they will play it.

anyhow, I do adore the Ryan Adams version. enjoy it below:


Ryan Adams - Wonderwall (Oasis cover)


it's a good interview. you can read it online for free by flipping to page 70 in the digital version of Spin

Noel also tells Spin of how drugs helped him right brilliant songs, and how he thinks Radiohead are full of crap

No comments: