Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday Morning Covers


ZIP FILE

The Last Shadow Puppets - SOS (Rihanna cover) [mp3]

Rogue Wave - Debaser (Pixies cover) [mp3]


Elliott Smith - Dead End Street (The Kinks cover) [mp3]


Arctic Monkeys - Red Right Hand (Nick Cave cover) [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]

v. excellent audio quality via this week's live web transmission.

Regina Spektor - Real Love (John Lennon cover) [mp3]

Jim James (My Morning Jacket) - My Sweet Lord (George Harrison cover) [mp3]


The Soft Pack - Grinding Halt (The Cure cover) [mp3]

Dr Dog - Heart it Races (Architecture in Helsinki cover) [mp3]


Andrew Bird - The Giant of Illinois (The Handsome Family cover) [mp3]

BONUS:
Radiohead - Wonderwall (Oasis cover) [mp3]
this'll give you a larf.

BONUS x2:
(warning: this gets kind of wild near the end.)

5 comments:

Myr said...

Snagging the Arctic Monkeys as it's highly recommended, and a few others. Thanks!

Jim said...

dr dog heart it races best cover ever

Anonymous said...

The Radiohead cover was a joke! I refuse to believe they did that seriously. The Dr. Dog cover really is fantastic. I found it last week at this site.
http://yeahdevelop.wordpress.com/2009/07/28/hey-yo-hey-yo-hey-yo-hey-yo/

Hanan said...

of course the Radiohead thing was a joke. I said so (discreetly) in the post.

and the Dr Dog cover has actually been stuck in my head all day. it was in my itunes for ages, but I only just heard it this morning. I liked it immediately.

Rika said...

thanks for these. :)