Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Strokes Post #254

happy happy joy joy! the day has finally come!



(cool embedded thing courtesy of Katie the German feline!)

happy official Phrazes for the Young day everyone! and screw you Britons for having it a day early.

PS did y'all hear? last night, Jules played Spaceland in LA as a secret LA record release show. I'm so uber jealous, because I've heard about Spaceland from PEOPLE I KNOW WHO HAVE PLAYED THERE. ie it's a small, intimate venue for super obscure indie bands etc

le sigh.

PPS here are a couple of bonus tracks (courtesy of Connor!)

Julian Casablancas - 30 Minute Boyfriend [mp3]

Julian Casablancas - Old Hollywood [mp3]

PPPS Jules has some great 45 inch holiday goodness in store for us.

PPPPS I was GOING to post a proper review of Phrazes today but I am extraordinarily exhausted (mentally and physically). maybe tomorrow? in any case, Out of the Blue is officially my favourite.

11 comments:

Katie said...

Phrazes OF the Young? You must be tired. Looking forward to your review. :)

Hanan said...

I've slept all of 10 hours since Friday. no joke.
it doesn't help that I was listening to Ryan Adam's Heartbreaker as I was typing that. as much as I love that album, it is quite a lull.
about to fix it, thanks hon.

Katie said...

Sorry, Hanan, didn't mean to be bitchy. It's my inner typo freak coming out.

Speaking of typos... I think there's one on the artwork. The quote for 11th Dimension is: "Art is the image of life, it's purpose simply to enhance it". ?????

Francisco B. said...

What! How did you get your hands on these bonus tracks thanks a million for that one!

Allie the Racist Dragon said...

ive pilfered all the bonus tracks except the damn xmass song that i want so bad. Jesus if you are real you will fix this!

Silvia D. said...

thank you so much for these. the album will come out in brasil only on the 13th!

be blessed, you.

Katie said...

Dragon Lady, I can't find the Christmas song either.

Hanan said...

I wasn't mad, Katie, I swear. just extraordinarily tired and a tad embarrassed

AHHHH I HATE IT SO MUCH WHEN PEOPLE MESS UP ON ITS. it's so simple: if you can say IT IS then there is an apostrophe. holy crap. I need to calm down, excuse me as I sip my tea.

Katie said...

S'all good Hanan. I hate it too, SO MUCH. We need to give Julian a lesson...? Heh hehhhhh.

>:D

Anonymous said...

thank for posting these mp3's but the links don't seem to be working- would you mind reposting em?? pleasse!

Hanan said...

how in the world did y'all use up my bandwidth? my blog must be more popular than I thought

the files have been updated, enjoy them Mr E.