Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Strokes Post #257

oh Pitchfork can whine and moan but they drool over Jules like the rest of us

here's a link to a very good interview. I'm so relieved he's moving back to NYC.

I loved this bit:

Pitchfork: Are the over-the-top shows the type of thing you'd be able to do with the Strokes?

JC: No, I would never get those four dudes to agree on something like that. You'd have one guy say, "Let's go out and have some Persian rugs and done!" And you'd have another guy say, "Let's dress like robots," and then nothing would get done.

Pitchfork: I like the robot idea, I'd go with that person.

JC: That person is me. [Laughs]

what I really love about these recent interviews with Julian is he really lets his guard down and it's almost like having a proper conversation with him. he is one cool mofo.

PS if you still haven't read the SPIN interview, the whole mag's digital issue is up.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I loved that interview. It did feel conversational, esp. when the interviewer asked him to spill about his "inventions" haha

so cute :)

_Jackie_ said...

Yeah, I agree with you. He does seem to be a lot more open in interviews nowadays.

He's so great =-)

Edith said...

I wish there were audio to this interview, it sounds like it would have been funny to listen to!

Hanan said...

is it creepy that I love hearing that chuckle breath thing he does in interviews? I think every sound from that man is beautiful.