Sunday, June 29, 2008

Jay Z covers Wonderwall



after Noel Gallagher said that he was not fit for Glastonbury (rightfully.)

"If it ain't broke don't fix it," Gallagher said of the choice of Jay-Z as Pyramid Stage headliner along with The Verve and Kings of Leon, possibly alluding to his own attitude to song-writing at the same time. "If you start to break it then people aren't going to go. I'm sorry, but Jay-Z? Fucking no chance. Glastonbury has a tradition of guitar music and even when they throw the odd curve ball in on a Sunday night you go 'Kylie Minogue?' I don't know about it. But I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury, no way man. It's wrong."

I kind of laughed when I first heard of the cover, that was a bold move by Jay Z but that doesn't make me like him in the least.

No comments: