Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Postelles

these guys are a great band I've recently discovered. They hail from NY, and I have NEVER said this about any band, but they remind me of The Strokes. They have a GREAT sound that is harmonious and crazy catchy in that great flower-power decade way. "Stella" has very Strokes-y guitars too. So it's appropriate that Albert Hammond Jr just produced their new single, "123 Stop", because he was impressed by their sound. You will be too! Now check them out on MYSPACE and show them some love!

According to a SPIN interview, they're gonna be in the UK for a tour, but I hope they'll be back in the US soon, and that they stop by my neck of the woods. I would love to see these guys live.

I don't have any mp3s yet, so youtube is gonna have to suffice for now:



enjoy!

on a side note, Conor Oberst (previously of Bright Eyes) has a whole bunch of new tour dates

No comments: