Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cold War Kids streaming new track online

listen to "Something is not right with me", their first single off of "Loyalty to Loyalty" on their MYSPACE

I love it. the guitars and vox have a Lou Reed-ish feel with that classic CWK twist, and best of all, it is strikingly different from anything on Robbers and Cowards, which is great, I love it when bands take their sophomore effort stylistically away from their debut, it's always a risk, but it looks as if it has paid off here.

with most new music being so experimental that you can hardly tell what's going on, it's nice to see an indie band return to gold old rock n roll of the 60s.

Cold War Kids - We Used To Vacation (Daytrotter)[mp3]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that picture you have up isn't of cold war kids.

Hanan said...

my bad. damn google images. I'll change it, thanks for pointing that out