Saturday, July 12, 2008

Nikolai Fraiture gone solo?!


WHY HAD I NOT HEARD THIS BEFORE?!

apparently, Niko, The Strokes' bassist, is coming out with a solo record this fall, called "The Time of the Assassins"

a lot of people think that, in "Brandy of the Damned", it's Julian singing the "Don't let them get you down" part. I beg to differ. I can see how people not overly familiar with The Strokes could think that, but I am 99% sure that that is NOT Julian. The guy singing the other parts has the same (although distorted) voice throughout the song, and I am sure it's Niko.

either way, it's good shit. Jules, Albert and Niko all have top notch vox.

listen to the mp3s and decide for yourself. what do you think?

visit Niko's side project on MYSPACE

Nickel Eye- Brandy of the Damned [mp3]
Nickel Eye- Dying Star [mp3]

on another, related note, I read that Fabrizio, The Strokes' drummer, is doing a solo project with Rodrigo Amarante of Los Hermanos, a Brazilian band; the record is supposed to be released via Rough Trade Records this fall. wow.

No comments: