Tuesday, November 4, 2008

NME's cool list of 2008


read the entire list (and justifications) of 50 artists HERE, but here are the top 5:and

5. Sam Dust, Late Of The Pier

4. Alex Turner, Arctic Monkeys/The Last Shadow Puppets

3. Andrew VanWyngarden, MGMT

2. Jay-Z

1. Alice Glass, Crystal Castles

agree, disagree?
I think Ezra Koening should be higher up on the list. and Donald of the Virgins should have been mentioned. and hello, Pete Doherty? I don't care about his drug addiction(s) he is STILL really damn cool.

MGMT - Time to Pretend [mp3]
I had this on repeat at work today =)

5 comments:

Murphey said...

Alex Turner should be number 1 until the end of time.

Anonymous said...

Alice Glass is my dream woman until the end of time.

Hanan said...

Murphey, I would have to say the same about Julian Casablancas, the coolest cat of all time.

salvy said...

I think Robyn should have been on the list b/c the music she has been making recently is AMAZING and I would have put Lovefoxxx higher b/c I saw her in concert two years ago when CSS wasn't anything special yet she held the audience's attention with her unique energy and zany personality...still a show I haven't forgotten!

Hanan said...

I would have to agree with your thoughts on Robyn, her music is pretty freaking cool.