Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday Morning Covers


ZIP FILE

Foo Fighters - Lyla (Oasis cover) [mp3]

Devendra Banhart - Don't Look Back in Anger (Oasis cover) [mp3]


Death Cab for Cutie - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper cover) [mp3]

Calexico - Guns of Brixton (The Clash cover) [mp3]

from a split 7" with Beirut, this is fantastic.

The Flaming Lips - Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen cover) [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]
this comes very close to the perfection of the original.

The Wombats - There She Goes (The La's cover) [mp3]

Beck - Sunday Morning (Velvet Underground cover) [mp3]
Beck, MGMT, Devendra Banhart and others have formed the "Beck and Friends Music Club". they will re-record an album a day and release one song a week on Beck's Website. read more on NME.

BONUS:
David Bowie & Mick Jagger - Dancing in the Streets (Martha and the Vandellas cover) [mp3]



can you say POWER STRUGGLE?

6 comments:

Heather said...

I had no idea The Flaming Lips did a cover of 'Bohemian Rhapsody'. <3

That, and the Foo Fighters cover is brilliant.

Thanks for these! :D

2plus2isjoe said...

That Flaming Lips cover is freakin' brilliant, thank you for putting it up!

Anonymous said...

Would love for people to give me some credit for finding these first, taking them off my blog, then claiming them as their own. Just a little credit would be nice.

Hanan said...

to thedemellotheory,I wanted to say sorry if I offended you but there is no way that I could give credit to the mp3s that I host because I download them by the dozen from an RSS feed. I don't read your blog, you showed up because I subscribe to hype machine. I NEVER hotlink, and it takes long enough to sort and reupload these files without having to post a thank you note to each and every blogger. I try my utmost to leave comments on posts which I enjoy greatly, but there is no way to give everyone their due all of the time. in the end, we do what we do to SHARE the music, not to gain some credit. I don't give a damn who reads my blog or how many subscribers I have as long as I can spread a little bit of musical happiness. that's all that matters really, the music, and the joy that it inspires in us.

Anonymous said...

I am not offended at all. These songs are in hot demand and I totally understand the desire to give them to the masses. I agree music should be shared, however after seeing my writing verbatim on a number of sites (yours not included) it has become a point of contention that at least I be given some modicum of credit. I appreciate you getting back to me in such an expedient manner & I am sorry if I was presumptuous in my wording.

Hanan said...

that's lame.
I'm glad you understand.
have a nice day =)