Tuesday, April 13, 2010

record review: Beach House - Teen Dream


Sometimes, when I revisit albums after not immediately liking them, I am in awe of how I could have ever overlooked them in the first place. Teen Dream is one such album. Listening to it now, I cannot help but be mesmerized by the full yet delicate harmonies, the spinning force of music flowing with air. It is absolutely intoxicating by virtue of its simplicity. It does not attempt to genre-hop or be quirky. Although it is noticeably more guitar heavy than the previous two Beach House albums, it retains the sense of wonder and imaginative force which has always driven the Baltimore duo. Bound to become a classic, it will beg for repeated listens and then linger in your mind, forcing you to wonder how you ever got along without the deliciously full production and hypnotizing bounces of Teen Dream.

4.5/5

Beach House - Walk in the Park [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]

1 comment:

Edith said...

I love this record, I am very critical of female vocalists, but I fell in love with this one right away! I'm glad you liked it. :)