Friday, September 17, 2010

band of the week: Phantogram


What can one say about Phantogram? They are perhaps best embodied in the very context which got me into them. Months ago, my best friend was coming out of a bad breakup so I went over, picked her up and took her to Rickshaw Stop, my go-to place whenever I feel down in the dumps. There, we found a pair of electronica wizards, each outstripping the other in glittery prowess. The boy-girl duo from NY crafted a magical sound: hazy, fuzzy, shiny, soft, edgy. You know the term “black gold” for petroleum? Phantogram is the aural equivalent of it. They remind us singletons that there is beauty in solitude yet.

Phantogram – Mouthful of Diamonds [mp3]


Phantogram on MYSPACE

Eyelid Moves was released earlier this year and it is a trippppp

No comments: