Saturday, January 8, 2011

band of the week: Hanni El Khatib


"These songs were written for anyone who's ever been shot or hit by a train."
-from hannielkhatib.com

even though I've only heard a couple of songs so far (he's released a couple of 7"s but no full length yet), I love this guy for a few reasons.
he is raw and truly DOES NOT GIVE A FUCK unlike all the hipsters pretending that they don't care.
his music has an older feel yet it's immediate and fresh.
he is bluesy and punksy and I want to see him live NOW (sadly, he played Hemlock tavern while I was out of town).
but mostly, I love him because he has an Arabic name and I'm 90% sure he is an Arab gone wronggggg (comme moi!!)

so get a listening!

Hanni El Khatib - You Rascal You [mp3]

Hanni El Khatib on MYSPACE

2 comments:

_Jackie_ said...

Haha I thought the same thing!

prisonertoinstincts said...

just needed to scroll back to tell you that this is awesome, dude. thanks for yet another fabulous recommendation. havent liked an artist this much in a while (and after having only heard three songs).