Saturday, March 22, 2008

Voxtrot!

I discovered Voxtrot when I went to see the Arctic Monkeys in concert, and was very angered by all the people in the audience who were booing this very talented band because they were eager for Alex Turner et al. I bought their record, and absolutely loved it (I still listen to it quite regularly). If I remember correctly, this band hails from Austin, TX. All of the people I've talked to like Voxtrot's older stuff (EPs, seeing as how the eponymous record that I have is their debut) more, and I found some mp3s floating around the internet. I realized what all of those people meant. Their old stuff is gold (I still love their debut record but wow I never realized I could like them more). Anyhow, I need to go down and get their EPs but here are a couple of mp3s for you all to enjoy. The second one is so very brit pop, I LOVE it.


Voxtrot - Trouble [mp3]


Voxtrot - The Start of Something [mp3-HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]


and, here's one off of their debut album

Voxtrot - Firecracker [mp3]


catchy, isn't it?
=)

No comments: