Friday, September 12, 2008

band of the week: Frightened Rabbit


I am super impressed with this band. I only just heard them for the first time yesterday and am now deeming them band of the week. They are based in Scotland (helloooo accent that accentuates the music to the max) and I am planning to go down to the record shop and buy their two records in the very near future (within the next 48 hours perhaps). They are on tour, be sure to check them out in your area.

visit them on MYSPACE

by the way, they are featured on DAYTROTTER today, which is pretty cool. check that out for an article and free mp3s.

Frightened Rabbit - Go Go Girls [mp3]


Frightened Rabbit - Poke [mp3]
slow, methodical, and it grows on you. it reminds me of The Honorary Title's good songs (comme "Far More")

Frightened Rabbit - The Modern Leper [mp3 highly recommended!!]
this is one of those songs that gives you chills, and progressively gets better until you're all goosebumped out.

sounds like: a more aggressive Snow Patrol

2 comments:

Jared said...

By far my favorite album of the year.

Hanan said...

I actually didn't have the time to go down to the record store yet but remembered this morning and plan on doing so after classes. I'm looking forward to hearing it in its entirety, as to get the full effect etc etc.