Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Morning Covers

hello, lovelies, I hope all is well. now, enjoy some tasty covers =)

Elliott Smith - I'm Only Sleeping (Beatles cover) [mp3]

as many people have pegged Mr. Smith as a "depressed Beatle", it's only appropriate that he covered a lot of their songs. this is one of my favourite Beatles songs, I've been listening to it a lot lately. enjoy.

Mystery Jets - Bleeding Love (Leona Lewis cover) [mp3]

I might just prefer this to the original, and not just because I don't like female vocalists. the lead singer from this UK based band doesn't come off as whiny or annoying like Leona does in the original, and I really appreciate the incorporation of a violin =)

Frightened Rabbit - Set You Free (N-Trance cover) [mp3]
this one comes off of their latest LP, The Midnight Organ Fight (easily one of the best [and underrated!!] albums of the year. check it out, you won't be sorry
this Scottish band is going to get really big really soon, keep your eyes out for them

The Killers - Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself (Morrissey cover) [mp3 HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]

now I know the Killer's cover of "girls just wanna have fun" is circulating the internets, but this one is just as good (if not better) in my opinion. The Killers are, quite simply, a ridiculously good band. they have yet to produce something that my ears hated (with the notable exception of "Human", which I have grown to love)

BONUS:
The Killers - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper cover) [mp3]

2 comments:

Murphey said...

Awesome covers, I dl'd the Beatles, Leona Lewis, and Lauper covers; Girls Just Wanna Have Fun is the ultimate summer jam, thanks for the finds!

Hanan said...

glad you enjoyed them =)