Monday, February 9, 2009

Sunday Morning Covers (belated 24 hours)

sorry guys! I had a crazy day yesterday and no time to post. well, I have a crazy day today too, but I'm being a slacker at work and blogging instead.

here you go!

Albert Hammond Jr - Well...All Right (Buddy Holly cover) [mp3]
this song is a lot of fun. it's a bonus song from yours to Keep

Green Day - Working Class Hero (John Lennon cover) [mp3]
classic song, solid cover.

Iron & Wine and Calexico - Wild Horses (Rolling Stones cover) [mp3]
totally unexpected and totally surprising. this has given me a whole new appreciation for Iron & Wine.

We Are Scientists - Hoppipolla (Sigur Ros cover) [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]
this is amazing. I would never have imagined that anyone would attempt or could pull off a cover of Sigur Ros, let alone a band like We Are Scientists. nicely done, boys.

The Kooks - Kids (MGMT cover) [mp3]
I la la love this one. a great cover of my absolute favourite song of 2008.

of Montreal - Take Me Out (Franz Ferdinand cover) [mp3]
g-d bless you, Kevon Barnes.

Petra Hayden - Thriller (Michael Jackson cover) [mp3]
this is a woman singing, and of course, it works perfectly for a MJ song.

Ruby Isle - My Girls (Animal Collective cover) [mp3 HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]
awesome. I do love it when month old songs by indie bands are so popular that they get covered by (lesser known) indie bands.

BONUS:
The Beatles- Everybody's Trying to be My Baby (Carl Perkins cover) [mp3]

No comments: