Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Franz Ferdinand on tour!


yeah, ok so it's official.
my vinyl addiction is out of control
I spent 260+ dollars on records yesterday

I also accidentally bought something I already owned, so I'm going back down today to exchange it for something else (perhaps the LSP on vinyl...mmm)

but! I did get my two favourite records of the year so far on vinyl (Noble Beast and Tonight: Franz Ferdinand) which segues us into...

TOUR DATES, BITCHES!

I bought my tickets to the Oakland show yesterday (in the library as I never have time to go online anymore...I'm only online right now because Melville drove me here)
get yours while they're hot! these guys are my favourite Scottish rockers, ever.

Seattle, WA Paramount Theatre (April 13)
Oakland, CA Fox Theater (15)
Indio, CA Coachella (17)
Phoenix, AZ Marquis Theatre (18)
Tucson, AZ Rialto Theatre (19)
Magna, UT Saltair (21)
Denver, CO Ogden Theatre (22)
Dallas, TX House of Blues (24)
Austin, TX La Zona Rosa (25)
Kansas City, MO The Beaumont Club (27)
Minneapolis, MN First Avenue (28)
Milwaukee, WI Eagles Ballroom (29)
Chicago, IL Riviera Theatre (30)
Columbus, OH Newport Music Hall (May 2)
Pontiac, MI Clutch Cargo's (3)
Toronto, ON Kool Haus (4)
Philadelphia, PA Electric Factory (6)
New York, NY Roseland Ballroom (7)
Providence, RI Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel (8)

Franz Ferdinand - What She Came For (live) [mp3]

6 comments:

Murphey said...

I listened to the new Franz Ferdinand and really liked it, I especially loved their use of electronica. I might just have to check them out at House of Blues.

Anonymous said...

Woah! 260!

And i thought i was bad.

_Jackie_ said...

I know what you mean! I've been doing the preorder thing online and I found myself spending over a hundred, then going to the store and spending more.

But if you are going to have an addiction, that's the best one to have!

I only wish they add an L.A. show. The closest thing is Coachella and I don't know if I'll be able to make it to that just yet.

Hanan said...

Murphey, DO IT!

forward music, yeah dude, I only go record shopping when I get paid, and then proceed to spend my entire paycheck. I had a smaller paycheck this time, only a couple days worth of (fulltime) work before the semester started. March 8th will be glorious, I'll have something like 600 to spare.

Jackie, FINALLY, a (fellow) voice of reason! =)

Anonymous said...

Gotta put in a word for Frightened Rabbit as another amazing Scottish band. Did I get a few of their songs off your blog? I downloaded them from somewhere, finally listened tonight and loved them, bought the album and have been listening to it on repeat for 5 hours straight. Great stuff.

Hanan said...

you may have gotten them from me, I posted about them a couple of times and their album actually made the #1 spot of my albums of the year post.

I really love Frightened Rabbit, but Franz Ferdinand will always be my favourite Scottish band. they just rock beyond all comprehension

also, I'm glad you like the album; it took me a while to get into it but now I adore it.