Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday Morning Covers


Kevin Barnes (of Montreal) - Shakedown Street (Grateful Dead cover) [mp3]
really quite sweet (in the endearing sense of the word)

Elliott Smith - Here Comes Flash (Kinks cover) [mp3]
this one is strange. not Elliott Smith-y at all. from a concert two months before he passed away.

Fall Out Boy - Love Lockdown (Kanye West cover) [mp3]
it's no secret how much Patrick Stump loves Kanye.

Spoon - Panic (The Smiths cover) [mp3]

I never would have guessed that Spoon would cover The Smiths. The Rolling Stones, yeah. regardless, it works beautifully.

The Postal Service - Grow Old With Me (John Lennon cover) [mp3]
seeing as how the band has been on hiatus since 2005 and seeing as how Death Cab garners everyone's attention (with good reason), it's easy to forget that The Postal Service exists. well, they do, and they're awesome.

BONUS:
The Beatles - Dizzy Miss Lizzy (Larry Williams cover) [mp3]
I remember a time when I didn't know that Beatles covers (of other bands that is) existed. I just always assumed that The Beatles were this untouchable entity whom OTHER bands covered. But I soon understood otherwise as I worked my way through their discography and thought "wait, that guitar riff sounds DISTINCTLY American. let me look this up", and realized that The Beatles had covered LOADS of songs. Anyhow, I will try to post a song a week until my library is exhausted. enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the covers...This is my fav music blog

Hanan said...

that made me smile
thanks for reading!