Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday Music Definitions: Arab


I've been working with classic and medieval erotic Arabic poetry for the last few days, and thought I might as well post some appropriate music.

sadly, my itunes didn't respond all that well to the search of "Arab", it gave me a mere 34 songs: the Belle & Sebastian album (The Boy with the Arab Strap), a song by the band Arab Strap, a handful of actual Arabic songs, and the following,

The Cure - Killing an Arab [mp3]
this song is based on that Camus novel, The Stranger. that book was such a strange and marvelous experience for my then fourteen year old mind.

Bruce Adler - Arabian Nights [mp3]

yes, that's from Aladdin. yes, I have all of the Disney soundtracks.

Tchaikovsky - Arabian Dance [mp3]
from the Nutcracker ballet

BONUS:

Belle & Sebastian - The Boy with the Arab Strap [mp3]


Arab Strap - Blood [mp3]

1 comment:

iservepharmacy said...

Nice Arab themed music, i wonder if you already heard Syljan Rabanni or Mohamed al Juvarati