Sunday, January 25, 2009

Silver Jews = no more


what a sad day for music. I never even got to see these guys live.

lead singer David Bergman said, "I always said we would stop before we got bad. If I continue to record I might accidentally write the answer song to 'Shiny Happy People'."

read more at NME

here are some mp3s from the good old days, before the band it quits. well, at least we have 6 albums to keep us company. but nothing will ever really replace that wonderfully scratchy voice of yours, David.

Silver Jews - Strange Victory, Strange Defeat [mp3]

Silver Jews - Suffering Jukebox [mp3]

we'll miss you guys!

2 comments:

hippiesaredead said...

eek! That's a bummer....

Hanan said...

= (
have you seen them live? I think they played Noisepop last year, but that was before I started listening to them (around finals time last Spring)