Tuesday, January 27, 2009

on repeat: "Susan in a Hundred Words"

this track is breathtaking.

it makes me wonder how pure music would be if no bands ever got signed and musicians remained being what they started out as: artists. not caterers to mainstream bullshit.

The No'S - Susan in a Hundred Words [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]

my first listen, it didn't strike me right away. after the second time through I was hooked. pay attention to the lyrics and the simple piano chord progression. Voxtrot better watch out, this is going to give "The Start of Something" a run for its money as the top played track in my library.

The No'S are Ryan Parks and Erika Pipkin and are currently based in Oakland.

visit them on MYSPACE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really liked it, thanks for sharing

Hanan said...

I'm glad.