Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Morning Covers


I have a few doozies for you all today:

The Hives - Back in Black (ACDC cover) [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]
is anyone else DYING for a new Hives tour? these Swedes are incredible. so much freaking energy on stage. I love it.

Foo Fighters - Tiny Dancer (Elton John cover) (live) [mp3]
it's Dave on acoustic guitar, talking about Almost Famous. it's all quite hilarious, but his singing is killer too. the chorus is especially great

Jamie Cullum - Fronton' (Pharrell cover) (live) [mp3]
this song also shows up on his debut, Twentysomething, but I prefer this version, especially because of how he emphasizes "tear your ass up"

Belle & Sebastian - The Boy with the Thorn in his Side (The Smiths cover) (live) [mp3]

Death Cab for Cutie - This Charming Man (The Smiths cover) [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]

this track is from 1996. wow. I was still listening to N'Sync in 1996, when I was seven. I wish I'd been listening to this instead.

The Psychedelic Furs - How Soon is Now (The Smiths cover) [mp3]
really fucking good. I've recently discovered this band, thank you dollar vinyl bins. this is my second favourite Smiths song on Meat is Murder, after "I Want the One I Can't Have"

my obsession with The Smiths might be a little too apparent in this post.

2 comments:

rod said...

hi- thanks for posting, i'm a Smiths fan from way back and i'm a nutter for covers. How to get Belle and Seb, and Psych furs tracks - any ideas?

Hanan said...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hmqgq2

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9758fj