Saturday, May 2, 2009

Band of the Week: Band of Horses


not as good as The National, but still pretty great.
the only reason I compare the two bands is that I purchased Everything All The Time right after I had acquired Boxer. strange connections are bound to arise when one purchases copious amounts of music.

oh my, I sound like Virginia Woolf.

in all honesty, though, I think I only prefer The National because I have a huge weakness for baritone voices.

anyhow, Band of Horses come from Seattle, and they have two full length albums out. I am only acquainted with Everything All The Time, but it's an extremely solid album, perfect for a rainy day like today, in fact. their music can warm you up the same way that liquor can. a new album is in the works, more updates about that soon.

for fans of: The Decemberists, Okkervil River, The Shins, My Morning Jacket, Death Cab for Cutie

Band of Horses - The Funeral [mp3]

Band of Horses - Weed Party [mp3]
Band of Horses - ST. Augustine [mp3]

you guys should watch this performance, the sound quality is amazing:

No comments: