Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Strokes Post #110


last night, I was having a conversation with my younger brother about the next Strokes tour, and I voiced my concern that they wouldn't play much off Room on Fire. even with their 2006 tour, it was mainly the singles "12:51", "Reptilia", and "The End Has No End" that got played. It made sense, as they were supporting First Impressions of Earth and they knew that their fans just adored Is This It. But I feel like Room on Fire will get left out of the loop again this time around. I dunno, Julian always just seemed a lot happier with how their third album turned out, and I hope he doesn't forsake Room on Fire completely because both my younger brother and I are dying to hear "Under Control" live. that, and I wouldn't mind "I Can't Win" and "Between Love and Hate". ah, they're all such fantastic songs

anyhow, the point of that paragraph was to preface the following live show (which I will break up into three Strokes posts). It's at a place called Alexandra Palace in 2003, so it has a nice helping of songs from Room on Fire. and the sound quality is absolutely amazing (by which I mean both the technology and the freaking band sound incredible)
they played 8/11 songs from Room on Fire and 7/11 from Is This It...great set list.

1. The Strokes - Reptilia (live Alexandra Palace 05 December 2003) [mp3]


2. The Strokes - Under Control (live Alexandra Palace 05 December 2003) [mp3]


3. The Strokes - What Ever Happened (live Alexandra Palace 05 December 2003) [mp3]

4. The Strokes - Alone, Together (live Alexandra Palace 05 December 2003) [mp3]

5. The Strokes - The Modern Age (live Alexandra Palace 05 December 2003) [mp3]

this makes me incredibly depressed, as I was listening to really shitty hip hip in 2003 instead of The Strokes...if only I could have wised up sooner...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have MP3s from this whole concert?

Anonymous said...

NVM... I just read that you're splitting it up! Silly moi!

Anonymous said...

Wow...the sound quality IS amazing!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't this supposed to be their live album, before the project got scrapped?

Hanan said...

yes indeed, this was going to be released as a live album but they decided against it

now you all can enjoy it for free =)

Eric said...

I thought the Alexandra Palace performance sounded familiar.

I'm glad they didn't release this as a live album because it does sound like a really good bootlegged version, as Ryan Gentles said. But thanks for posting this, I've been listening to it non-stop for the last two days.