Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Morning Covers


Wilco - Love and Mercy (Brian Wilson cover) [mp3]
Wilco are not as bad as I thought they were. I've been spinning disc one of Being There over and over, in a few days I'll be ready to move onto disc two.

Iron and Wine - Such Great Heights (Postal Service cover) [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]
this is one of my favourite covers of all time

Devendra Banhart - Fistful of Love (Antony and the Johnsons cover) [mp3]
this might sound like a disastrous proposition, but it turned out really well.

The Black Keys - She Said, She Said (The Beatles cover) [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]
I think this is my favourite Beatles cover, it's so great

David Bazan - Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover) [mp3]
this guy was lead singer of Pedro the Lion. I really love the end of this song

Lissy Trullie - Ready For The Floor (Hot Chip cover) [mp3]

there's an mp3 of Lily Allen's cover of "Straight to Hell" floating around the internet [it's off of this charity compilation album], and it sucks. this is much better.

Matt Pond PA - Champagne Supernova (Oasis cover) [mp3]

a great (and underrated) band covering my second favourite song by the Gallaghers et al

Editors - Road To Nowhere (Talking Heads cover) [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]

this is fantastic.

BONUS:
Muse - Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Frankie Vali cover) [mp3]
this is probably the most popular cover I've ever posted (based on the 1000+ downloads of the damn thing), so here's a repost for anyone who hasn't heard it yet

5 comments:

Starsky said...

Great, thanks!
Here are two little mixes of covers I'm sure you'll enjoy too:
http://starskymixes.blogspot.com/2009/04/covers-2.html
http://starskymixes.blogspot.com/2008/08/couvrir.html

Frankie said...

Cover heaven thanx C;

Hanan said...

you are both welcome, and starsky, thanks for the links =)

Shine On said...

Any way you can repost the Editors' cover of Road to Nowhere? I can't find it ANYWHERE & the link here doesn't seem to work for me.

I've got some great covers to trade if you're interested :)

Hanan said...

ah, I see that this post predated my zip posting days.
I've reposted it for you because it's one of my favourite covers ever. seriously, it's mindblowing and this version gets stuck in my head all of the time

http://musicinducedeuphoria.blogspot.com/2009/11/sunday-morning-covers.html

hm, which covers? give me a list and I'll tell you if I want any

thanks for reading! happy listening.