Friday, February 19, 2010

band of the week: The Flaming Lips


if my favourite music were a candy shoppe, The Flaming Lips would be imported bubblegum. always fun, often wacky, and arriving in many surprising flavours. one piece is never enough. better in execution than in theory. not always on my mind, but always welcome in my mou--okay, this analogy is getting a bit weird

anyhow, I do love The Flaming Lips even though I often can't wrap my head around their music (especially their latest album, Embryonic, which is intense). but I suppose that's the point. if they wanted to be accessible they could pop on some costume makeup and call themselves of Montreal. don't worry if you don't get it, my sense of humour baffles me too.

The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1 [mp3]

1 comment:

Anaam said...

thats true ...if flaming lips were dunked in a vat of toxic waste...of montreal would be unleashed...of montreal is like the parallel universe obnoxious iteration of the flaming lips.