Monday, February 15, 2010

Rilo Kiley - Love and War


Rilo Kiley - Love and War [mp3]


I was listening to More Adventurous a couple of days ago and I remembered how much I love this track. it's more aggressive than your run of the mill RK. just fabulous.

another great one from the album is "Ripchord", sung by Blake Sennett (who fronts The Elected). I like this song because it reminds me of Conversations with Other Women

also, it's a tribute to Elliott Smith, which just warms my heart right up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this album. I recently listened to it too. I didn't know ripchord was a tribute to elliot. Though now that I'm hearing it again, it makes sense, I thought it was tribute to the lonely, I guess I wasn't too far off.

Hanan said...

we lonely people should make ourselves a holiday. we can call it Ripchord day

dude, RK totally adore Elliott. both Blake and Jenny contributed beautiful eulogies to the Autumn De Wilde photo book. it's one of the reasons I respect Jenny Lewis so much.

Rol said...

I'm a big fan of this record too. There's something about the guitar in Portions For Foxes that goes right through me (in a good way). And I love the lyrics on A Man / Me / Then Jim.