Friday, May 7, 2010

The Strokes Post #432

new Julian interview, courtesy of Connor and the fantastic publication that is CLASH mag.

You’ve got a Twitter profile. Do you like having that contact with your fans and having them know what you’re doing or thinking?


It’s tricky. I mean, the whole Twitter thing, to be honest, I’m not such a fan. I mean, I think the idea is pretty cool, but there’s just some inherent vanity about it that’s kinda gross. As a struggling solo artist I feel like you gotta do it just to compete or you’re almost at a disadvantage or something, you know? I don’t recommend restaurants or talk about the movies I like necessarily - except for the MacGruber movie, which I saw, which I thought was funny - but anyway, my point is... (Laughs) That was an inside joke so I guess I shouldn’t have brought that up. But yeah, I mean, we talked about it with all the people I work with, and I just had a list of these weird random thoughts that I would never use for anything. So I just gave a list to [tour manager] Richard, who does the Twitter, and he just kinda posts them randomly. As well as like thanking cities when we play shows.

reading ^ made me so happy. especially the part I highlighted. that is how I feel about online social networking down to a t.

2 comments:

Luke said...

That highlighted part is so true, though I never came to the conclusion myself. So funny that he has a list of random thoughts.

Anonymous said...

i saw the stokes last weekend, an i am going to see them in chicago this summer. OMG!!!