Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Strokes Post #530


there is an amazing review of a Strokes gig HERE written by a thirteen year old kid.

now I dunno if it's karma rewarding me for getting children at the school I teach into The Strokes but I have a media pass for Outside Lands. this means I'm going both days, for free. and this would not have been possible without the high numbers generated by YOU, my readers.

so cheers. from the bottom of my heart. I never thought I'd get to the point where I would go to something like Outside Lands as press. the awesomeness is multiplied tenfold with the fact that MY FAVOURITE BAND EVER are headlining. I was screaming along to "Hard to Explain" this morning on my way to work and I am so ready to lose my Strokes virginity. MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS I AM SO EXCITED FOR SATURDAY. the proper celebration of my twenty first.

aiaiaiaiaiaiai.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! And have a wonderful 21st!

Anonymous said...

I just saw my first Strokes show at Lolla... Your life will never be the same! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww that sounds so awesome and perfect! Have a wonderful time and a wonderful birthday!

Hanan said...

thanks guys, I turned 21 on Monday haha

Be Rad said...

Wait, you've never seen The Strokes live? The Lolla show was super. I'm jealous of your press pass. Have fun and congrats on making it to 21...

Olivia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! So does this mean as press you get to meet them?

Hanan said...

I have no idea. probably not but MAYBE!

Edith said...

Happy late birthday Hanan! I'm sure the Strokes will put on a hell of a birthday present for you this weekend!

...and would be totally cool if you get to meet them! :)