Good because some of my favourite bands released new music, and I got to see loads of great concerts this year (The Strokes a couple of times, Arctic Monkeys, Delta Spirit, Arcade Fire, The National a couple of times, Beirut, Telekinesis, etc).
Bad because I didn't really get into any new bands this year. Partly because new music tended to bore me and partly because I've been swamped with life, law school and everything which falls in between.
So, without futher ado, here's my list of my favourite albums of 2011.
10. Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
7. Girls - Father, Son, Holy Ghost
6. The Black Keys - El Camino
5. Andrew Bird - Norman Soundtrack
4. Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
3. Beirut - The Rip Tide
2. Arctic Monkeys - Suck it and See
1. The Strokes - Angles