Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday Morning Covers


today I will post some very, very different versions of some classic songs:

The National - Clampdown (Clash cover) [mp3]

Ben Gibbard - All Apologies (Nirvana cover) [mp3]

Play Radio Play! - Mr Brightside (Killers cover) [mp3]

sometimes, a good cover means properly emulating the original artist, other times, it's quite nice to have a different twist on the song. my favourite of the above three is the last, because although the original is one of my all time favourite songs and nothing will change that, I thought PRP did a cool interpretation of it. it certainly does homage to the synth feel of "Hot Fuss", even if the vox will never be on par with Mr Flowers'. I do like how he sings the chorus, though. and it definitely gets better in the middle/toward the end (the beginning is a bit weak, imo)

what do you think?

No comments: