Friday, January 2, 2009

Band of the Week: Music for Animals


sounds like: OK Go meets Of Montreal meets The Hives
there is definitely some punk sensibility here

I saw this SF based band sometime early last year. they went on an American wide tour with...gosh what was that HORRID opening band's name? Long Live Logos. (thank you Rickshaw archive.)

they are one of my favourite local bands, although I have to admit that their record is not as good as their live sound. it's still pretty sweet, though, and an excellent dance record.

they only have a couple of shows coming up, but if you can, go for it! you'll have a lot of fun, I promise.

Feb 7 2009 8:00P
Hop Monk Sebastopol, California

Mar 6 2009 9:00P
Bottom of the Hill All Ages!! San Francisco, California

they have a new EP out, and from the songs which I've heard (off of their MYSPACE), I think it's sounding really good. especially "If Looks Could Kill". I think I'm gonna buy it.


Music for Animals - Bi or Curious [mp3 HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]

this is the song that got me into them in the first place. mmh.

Music for Animals - Apartment [mp3]

this one gets really good midway through. like after the 2 minute mark.

visit the boys on MYSPACE

you can buy their debut on AMAZON for 1 penny! it's worth a lot more than that

4 comments:

Unknown said...

re your comment: at a 10-for-$50 sale, so i bought 5 RA and 5 others. money i could have spent on a ticket, but hey, material possessions v. lasting memories.. it's a tough choice.

Unknown said...

oh me also, but my cd collection is surprisingly lacking. hopefully i can see him next time around when i've fully digested all these albums and know all the songs.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words. Hope you like the new EP! Cheers, MFA

Hanan said...

that I do. I'll post a review soon. stay awesome!