Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday Music Definitions: Happy



I've been in a ridiculously good mood all day. That may have to do with the fact that I spent the entire day reading Ulysses, listening to the Strokes and drinking tea and hot cocoa.

really, it doesn't take a lot to get me cheerful.

and now, for some songs:

Modest Mouse - Make Everybody Happy-Mechanical Birds [mp3]
some early Modest Mouse (1996) for you. it's so much fun to listen to them evolve over the years.

Jenny Lewis - Happy [mp3]
I love everything about Jenny Lewis, right down to her reverence for the late Elliott Smith.

Violent Femmes - Rejoice and Be Happy [mp3]

a higher energy song than the rest of the bunch, classic VF.

Mika - Happy Ending [mp3]
I was looking through some old letters and found a card my friend wrote to me shortly after we went to see this brilliant man in concert. Mika is like a more worldly Jason Mraz with a falsetto like nobody's business. ironically, though, this is one of his more depressing songs. here is something a bit more chipper.

Bob Marley - Don't Worry Be Happy [mp3]
stoners have this incredible knack for putting a smile on anyone's face. what is that, you want proof you say? well here you go.

BONUS:
The Rolling Stones - Happy [mp3]

6 comments:

Murphey said...

Don't forget The Rolling Stones' "Happy" from Exile on Main Street. That's a classic.

Hanan said...

Murphey, my 58 GB library is HAPPY to oblige your suggestion

the post has been updated.

=)

Murphey said...

Haha, awesome.
I sure hope you have Exile On Main Street!

Hanan said...

I have a copy on vinyl, and a handful of mp3s. and I'm not even a huge Stones fan.

Murphey said...

Oh, I'm so jealous. I have some vinyl for you to listen to, In The Court of the Crimson King and Presence, not to mention a crap load of outlaw country.

Hanan said...

it's on the list.
I get paid on Thursday! woot!