Tuesday, March 10, 2009

my shameless vinyl addiction

I was in the library today, reading The Fall of the House of Usher, and realized that I was really tired. and really in dire need of new records. so, I did what I always do, and headed down Telegraph to spend unspeakable amounts of cash on records. and two cds.

the guy at Amoeba gave me ANOTHER free tote bag for spending more than 200.

here are photos of what I bought today; because I bought mostly new vinyl, I didn't get as many as I usually do, so I could actually catalogue it haha

the shiny white one in the second photo is The Beatles' White album. if you click on the pictures, you'll get a much clearer image.






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you listened to The Libertines before? Because if not, your in for a real treat. After buying on of their albums, they quickly became my favourite band ever.

Hanan said...

sometimes I am musically retarded, and I had somehow managed to not buy any of their albums until today.

I've had a folder of maybe 10 songs by them on my computer for years now and I've always really really liked them, I just had never listened to either record the whole way through.

ironically, I own albums by both Babyshambles and Dirty Pretty Things, both bands I find subpar to The Libertines (even though they both rock! hard!)

as I was uploading those photos, I had their second album spinning. I LOVED it. definitely a full blown fan at this point, and super excited for their forthcoming stuff!

Unknown said...

Shotter's Nation is the best Libertines-related record imo. With Up The Bracket being a close second.

Hanan said...

Shotter's Nation is amazing. I really love Waterloo to Anywhere, that's the one I've listened to the most

_Jackie_ said...

The White Album is great find! I got a used one at amoeba for 5 bucks, but it didn't come with the poster and photos. Still not bad though.

I just went last week and totally forgot to look for The Gaslight Anthem one, but that's definitely on my list!

Is pinups any good? Because you're the second person I know who has mentioned it this week.

Hanan said...

yeah I was super excited about The White Album, I've never come across a come across a copy before this one.

oh yeah dude, Pinups is great, but then again, I am biased as hell because imo, anything Bowie = gold.