Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Morning Covers


ZIP FILE


Ray LaMontagne - Vigilante Man (Willie Guthrie cover) [mp3]

Franz Ferdinand - Sound and Vision (David Bowie cover) [mp3]

Beck and Thom York - I'm Set Free (The Velvet Underground cover) [mp3]

LCD Soundsystem - No Love Lost (Joy Division cover) [mp3]


The Beatles - Chains (Goffin/King cover) [mp3]


Jamie Cullum - Lover, You Should Have Come Over (Jeff Buckley cover) [mp3, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!]

Michael Buble - You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby (Bing Crosby cover) [mp3]

of Montreal - Crazy (Gnarls Barkley cover) [mp3]

eels - I'm a Loser (The Beatles cover) [mp3]

Ben Folds - Such Great Heights (The Postal Service cover) [mp3]

Wilco - Listen to Her Heart (Tom Petty cover) [mp3]

Death Cab for Cutie - Rocking Chair (The Band cover) [mp3]

10 comments:

kiko said...

I really appreciate that Ray LaMontagne I can't say that I have ever come across it. Thanks

kiko said...

Oh and that Band cover! Thanks again.

Hanan said...

you're very welcome. the Ray track is from a series of bootlegs (unreleased demos) which I recently found for my best friend (who loves the man the same way I love the Strokes). would you want me to post it?

kiko said...

Yes that would be great even though I think I have it already (the OLS Sessions?)But you should definitely post it to get other people acquainted with him!

Hanan said...

yeah, it is the OLS Sessions, but I have four other bootleg albums. I'll post them tomorrow. I really like Ray LaMontagne, but am no expert (especially in comparison with my best friend! she burned me a copy of Trouble back in high school...)

kiko said...

O sweet that would be great if you could post them tomorrow I only own a few of Ray LaMontagne's demo albums. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I really liked some of these songs. More covers here:
http://yeahdevelop.wordpress.com/2009/07/28/hey-yo-hey-yo-hey-yo-hey-yo/

Anonymous said...

You do realize that "Such Great Heights" is an Iron & Wine song right? It was not originally performed by The Postal Service.

Hanan said...

no it's not. Iron and Wine covered it. Ben Gibbard wrote it.

Anonymous said...

took the zip file,thanks