Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Strokes Post #390

I just wanted to say:
I don't understand all the backlash about the interview I posted yesterday in which Jules says "the money". that's the reason for the TOUR, not for Strokes IV, so money doesn't have anything to do with the music. I'm sure, with almost all of them having families etc now, it would be stupid to pass up this opportunity to tour before their album will be released. plus, they need a warm up period before a proper tour begins. if you are as insane as I am, you're thinking of the University of London gig right now. you know how they all seemed pissed off? yeah.



anyhow, I will stick to my boys until the end of time. I trust them more than I trust myself.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you. I just sort of had a flashback to In Transit, is all. You're right, tours are about money.

Anyway, question. When he says he's "laying down the tracks" or the vocals or whatever, what does that mean, exactly? Like, he's coming in to sing...but surely he wrote the lyrics himself, prior to recording? I dunno, I'm so unfamiliar with the process.

Connor Green said...

I think there are a lot of people who have easy lives, where money has just always been in their pockets and they don't understand that not everyone has it so easy and need to make a living. I'm really glad Julian replied with the truth, something bands never do.

Katie said...

Yeah I agree with Connor. At least he didn't bullshit about "reconnecting with the fans" or whatever. This also means they'll all have more money to record and experiment with. Julian can go broke again doing weird stage stuff. New Little Joy album. Nikolai can hire me as an assistant.. etc

Little Gray Pixel said...

Money, please. We all need it; not faulting Jules for that. I'm just concerned about the cohesion of the band -- and that's something money can't buy. Hopefully their new recording arrangement is working for them. My fingers are crossed.

Eric said...

Anyway, I didn't think the money was a big deal, but I know a lot people do. The bigger thing to take away from this is that he hasn't been in the studio with the other Strokes. At least I don't think he has.

@ Mary Shea - I think all the songs are written (vocals included) and he's just going in and singing. It seems like an easier, less stressful process for Julian this time around.

nateraabe said...

Hey New Yorkers. Win tickets to see Jules on Fallon. http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/band-bench/