Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday Morning Covers


this. is fucking brilliant.

ZIP FILE

Sonic Youth - I Know There's An Answer (Beach Boys cover) [mp3, highly recommended!]
this is one of the coolest musical reinventions I have ever heard

Los Lobos - Uncomplicated (Elvis Costello cover) [mp3]


The Postal Service - Suddenly Everything Has Changed (The Flaming Lips cover) [mp3]

The Section Quartet - The Man Who Sold the World (Bowie cover) [mp3]

David Bowie - White Light White Heat (Velvet Underground cover) [mp3]


Arctic Monkeys - You Know I'm No Good (Amy Winehouse cover) [mp3]

Ben Gibbard - To Sing for You (Donovan cover) [mp3]

Spoon - Loose (The Stooges cover) [mp3]


Sondre Lerche - Bluish (Animal Collective cover) [mp3]

Radiohead - The Headmaster Ritual (The Smiths cover) [mp3]
this is the first Smiths song I ever heard. and I love it.

Ryan Adams - I Want it that Way (Backstreet Boys cover) [mp3]

5 comments:

Melli said...

thaaaaanks!!
i've had no idea about that smiths cover and i love the arctic monkeys so thanks a lot!!!

Double Hawk said...

Ah I love it! The only time you'll ever hear Alex Turner say "cuz you're my fella my guy."

Katie said...

That's the Section Quartet right? They did music for Whip It, I love them and I love that cover.

Hanan said...

shit yes I typed that wrong, thanks Katie

Anonymous said...

Random, but do you have The Man Who Murdered Love by XTC (that was in Gilmore Girls like the second episode of the series. Wait, you do know Gilmore Girls, yeah? I'm not confusing you with Eric...)