Thursday, July 15, 2010

Classic Track Thursday

Los Saicos -Intensamente [mp3]

this is a Peruvian band
called Los Saicos.

they were around between 1964 and 1966. they never released a proper album--decades later, their singles would be compiled into one album

I heard them at Amoeba and was all "whoa this sounds like a Spanish Black Lips" but when I saw the date on the cd I realized that this band came waaaaaaaay before my beloved Athens band. they were one of the forerunners of the garage rock scene and have become an instant favourite of mine. they even have a song in English, "Lonely Star". if you like horror punk and grittiness in the vein of an edgy Beach Boys, look no further

2 comments:

Maryanne said...

I really like their sound. Thanks for introducing me to them.

Arthur. L said...

Wow, they're great!