Saturday, July 17, 2010

Arcade Fire - Month of May + The Suburbs


so I have not listened to any Arcade Fire tracks from The Suburbs on principle, as I wanted to hear the whole album all at once, but I accidentally listened to the track below, because it showed up on a podcast I subscribe to

Arcade Fire - Month of May [mp3]

holy moley can I say I freaking love this? it's crazy like Violent Femmes, only darker. I never would have expected this, I thought the band was gonna stick to the Baroque-pop thing through and through

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs [mp3]

this one is slower, more airy and Win really pushes the limits vocally as a haunting piano chimes in the background. well done.

I am half angry, half thrilled at The Needle Drop for using these songs in their June 5th podcast.

The Suburbs will be force to be reckoned with, indeed

No comments: