Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Elliott Smith



he would have been 39 today.

I was just listening to The Elected today and realized how much Elliott's music has influenced bands today. We miss you dearly, Elliott, may you rest in peace.

I don't like to talk about my love for this man very much, because most of my friends don't like his music and I can't stand to hear anyone say anything remotely negative about him. XO changed my life, and I subsequently acquired his entire discography, some of the best stuff in my collection. If you haven't really listened to Elliott Smith's music, give it a try. The following song gave me chills the first time I heard it, and I just fell in love with Elliott right that moment. His music is so intimate, his lyrics so poetic. This man was a genius and died too soon. His music will forever be his legacy.

Elliott Smith - Waltz #2 (XO) [mp3]

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Amen! I love Elliott and most of my friends and family don't care for him. I love when I find other fans. Thanks.

Hanan said...

my pleasure. it's sad that more people don't appreciate him.