Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saturday Music Definitions: Happy Birthday

haha ok so I'm usually not this self centered, but today is my 19th birthday, and I thought I'd share a couple of birthday songs by a couple of my favourite singers, and my current favourite Strokes song: Alone, Together. It boggles my mind how perfectly the rhythm and lead guitar parts work together, not to mention the perfectionnn of the bass, drums and vox. Hot damn I love the Strokes.

It must be noted that I adore all of the Strokes' songs equally, but I become a wee bit more obsessed with one at a time.

It's usually from their first record Is This It. If you don't own that record, you cannot consider yourself someone with good music taste. I'm sorry, I'm biased but whatever, it's a masterpiece. My all time favourite record. I swear it gets better each time I listen to it.

ok, so here are your tunes, ENJOY!

Andrew Bird - The Happy Birthday Song [mp3]

Sondre Lerche - Happy Birthday Girl [mp3]


The Strokes - Alone, Together [mp3]

No comments: