Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Morning Covers


the following covers are really fucking good, if I do say so myself

Eddie Vedder - Christian Brothers (Elliott Smith cover) [mp3]
Elliott's song brings about a softer quality in Eddie that I've never heard before.

Rufus Wainwright - The Origin of Love (Hedwig and the Angry Inch cover) [mp3]
once again, I will stick to my claim that Rufus does brilliant covers, sucks at his own work

and, best of all:
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. - D.A.N.C.E (Justice cover) [mp3 HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!]
this has been on repeat all morning. I really adore this song, and all you Justice fans, don't hate me when I say that I think it's a bit better than the original. Don't get me wrong, I love Justice as much as any other hormonal college party animal, but GCWCF just makes the song so much tastier.

ah! I almost forgot this gem:

Jason Mraz - Billie Jean (Michael Jackson cover) [mp3 HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!]
who ever thought a MJ cover would be sexier than the original? Mr Mraz, you never cease to amaze me.

No comments: