Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saturday Music Definitions: Leave


Led Zeppelin - Babe I'm Gonna Leave You [mp3]
this is my absolute favourite Zeppelin song ever. and yes, I know it isn't an original but it might as well have been because their rendition of it is heartbreaking.

Ryan Adams - Why Do They Leave [mp3]
I seriously cannot get enough on Ryan Adams. in this vein, he reminds me of Elliott Smith: he has so many songs that there is always something new to discover. I love that.

The Killers - Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf [mp3]
for some reason, I find this song incredibly depressing.

and, BONUS:

Arctic Monkeys - Take it Or Leave it (Strokes cover) [mp3]
one of my favourite bands covering my favourite band? sounds like an equation for success. it is, in case you're wondering. =)

2 comments:

Murphey said...

<3 Zeppelin
<3 You, by extension

My favorite Zeppelin song miiight be 'That's the Way' or 'The Lemon Song'. But it's hard to pin down a favorite anything from my favorite band.

<3 Zeppelin
<3 You

Hanan said...

ah, I didn't know they were your favourite. good choice, sir. one of my favourite things in the world is to light up and spin a Zeppelin record. nothing like it in the world

I love The Lemon Song. That's the Way is pretty sweet too.