Tuesday, October 21, 2008

today we remember Elliott Smith

5 years ago today, we were stripped of one of the most brilliant song writers of all time. I've been thinking of getting "XO" tattooed on my left wrist in honour of one of my favourite records ever. I don't think I get through a day without listening to Mr Smith. as sad as it makes me that he is no longer alive, I'm glad he left behind so many songs to keep us company. I always find new gems that I never really fully appreciated before

Elliott Smith - Angel in the Snow [mp3]

Elliott Smith - Waltz #2 (XO) (live black cat DC 1998) [mp3]

Elliott Smith - Between the Bars [mp3]

Elliott Smith - Miss Misery [mp3]

if you haven't listened to Elliott, I HIGHLY recommend that you go out and get yourself a copy of XO. it's absolute perfection, probably the most intimate and beautiful things that I have ever heard. it was XO (specifically Waltz #2) that made me fall in love with Elliott. I got shivers upon hearing it for the first time.

my Elliott Smith book is one of my most prized possessions.

anyhow, we love you Elliott. may you rest in peace.

No comments: